Burn Permit Locations:
- City Hall- Room 8
- Fire Station #2- 226 Sacramento Street
Open burning within the city limits is allowed November 1 through May 31 but may be suspended at any time during a declared fire danger season. The following regulations are in effect for all open burning within the city limits of Auburn:
- Burning is allowed only with a valid permit from the Auburn City Fire Department.
- Burning is allowed only on "burn days." To access "burn day" information, call 530-889-6868.
- Burn hours are from 8 a.m. to 1 hour after sunset. Burning is not permitted after dark.
- Burning in barrels is not permitted.
- Only dried vegetation may be burned. Lawn clippings, finished wood products, household garbage and related materials cannot be burned.
- Burn pile must be located at least 50' from a building and have 10' clearance around the pile.
- A water supply and long-handled shovel must be present or close by.
- A responsible adult must be in attendance at all times.
- Restrictions are also placed on open burning within Placer County. Information can be obtained by contacting Placer County Air Pollution Control District at 530-745-2330.