To support and supplement the staff of the Auburn Police Department and the City of Auburn by harnessing the power of individuals through education, training, and volunteer service to make the Auburn Community safer, stronger, and better place to live.
The volunteers assist the agency and community to be better prepared in areas of:
- Crime prevention
- Responses to crime
- Public service
- Health issues
- Terrorism threats
- Disasters of all kinds
Volunteers help our department with their hands and their hearts. If you would like to become a volunteer, please call Auburn Volunteers at 530-823-4237, ext. 239.
- Records and Public Service Counter
- Transportation of Court and Allied Agency Documents
- Live Scan Fingerprinting
- Records Retention/Destruction
- Mobile Command Vehicle 24/7 Drivers and Incident Support Team
- Parades, Cruise Night, Gold Country Fair, and Special Events traffic control
- Community meetings liaison - Safe Kids, Old Town Business Association, etc.
- Investigations Division Support - pawn slips, cold case follow-up calls, etc.
- Carwash Day - Disabled Person Collaboration Days each summer
- Support for Placer County Law Enforcement Chaplaincy
- Radar/Traffic Trailer/Speed Awareness support team for patrol officers
- Vehicle Tag and Tow Support Program
- Citizen Patrols for Residential Neighborhoods, Parks, Business Districts
- Crime Analysis Data Gathering and Support
- Neighborhood-Business Watch/ Program presentations
- Citizens Awareness Academy Coordinators and Presenters
- New Volunteer Assignment Training
- CERT (Community Emergency Response Team)
- Responsible Retailer Program Alcohol Sales - (City of Ventura Model)