AUBURN CITY COUNCIL
REGULAR SESSION AGENDA
- City Hall, Council Chambers
- 1225 Lincoln Way, Auburn, CA 95603
- January 10, 2011
- Regular Session 6:00 p.m
Meeting facilities are accessible to persons with disabilities. Requests for Assistive Listening Devices or other considerations should be made through the City Clerk’s Office at (530) 823-4211, Ext. #112|
CALL TO ORDER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
MAYOR’S COMMENDATIONS/PROCLAMATIONS/ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS/ ANNOUNCEMENTS
Commendation for David Albright, volunteer with Auburn Police Department
This is the time set aside for council members and/or the public to ask for
removal, postponement or a change to the listed sequence of an agenda item.
All matters listed under the Consent Calendar are considered to be routine in nature and will be approved by one blanket motion with a roll call vote.
There will be no separate discussion of these items unless persons request specific items to be removed from the Consent Calendar for discussion and separate action. Any items removed will be considered after the motion to approve the Consent Calendar.
- Warrants Pages 7-10
By RESOLUTION approve Warrants #76154 through 76512 totaling $2,161,843.65.
- Minutes Pages 11-20
By MOTION, approve City Council Minutes of 11/22/2010 and 12/06/2010.
- Placer County Water Agency Non-Exclusive Easement at 2301 Lindberg Street Pages 21-28
By RESOLUTION, authorize the Director of Public Works to execute easement documents with Placer County Water Agency (PCWA) for water facilities constructed at 2301 Lindbergh Street (the Airport Industrial Park).
- Vintage Oaks Lift Station Project – Notice of Completion Pages 29-32
By RESOLUTION, authorize the recording of a Notice of Completion for the Vintage Oaks Lift Station Project.
- CalPERS Contract Amendment Resolution of Intention and Disclosure of Costs to Participate in 2% @ 50 Full Formula for Public Safety Members Pages 33-44
By RESOLUTION, adopt a Resolution of Intention to approve an amendment to the contract between the Board of Administration California Public Employees’ Retirement System and City of Auburn providing Section 20475 (Different Level of Benefits) for local safety members whereby Section 21362 (2% @ 50 Full formula) is applicable to local safety members entering membership for the first time in the safety classification after the effective date of this amendment to contract.
By RESOLUTION, consistent with Government Code Section 7507, disclose the future annual employer costs related to a local public safety benefit amendment will be 14.172% of reportable earnings for local safety members entering the membership for the first time in the safety classification after the effective date of the amendment to the contract.
- Technology Support Services Memorandum of Understanding with the Placer County Sheriff’s Office Pages 45-52
By RESOLUTION, approve the Memorandum of Understanding, between the Placer County Sheriff’s Office and the Auburn Police Department, for technical support and maintenance of shared public safety-related technology systems.
*************** End of Consent Calendar *************
- Public Comment
This is the time provided so that persons may speak to the Council on any item not on this agenda. Please make your comments as brief as possible. The Council cannot act on items not included on this agenda; however, the items will be automatically referred to staff.
- Senate Bill 857: Parking Fine Increase Effective December 7, 2010, and Procedures to Adopt Increased Parking Fines by Resolution Pages 53-64
By RESOLUTION, approve an increase of parking fines by eight dollars ($8.00) to comply with Senate Bill 857 and Senate Bill 1407 and to comply with Department of Motor Vehicles practices that do not process amounts not stated in even dollars.
- Continued Public Hearing to Consider an Appeal of the Planning Commission’s Approval of a Height Variance Extension for a 78 foot Monopine Cellular Tower located at 169 Borland Avenue in the Industrial (M-2) Zone Pages 65-270
By RESOLUTION, deny the appeal thereby affirming the Planning Commission’s approval of the Borland Avenue Monopine Variance Extension as presented, or as modified by the City Council, which includes the following actions:
1. Adoption of a Negative Declaration, prepared for the Height Variance as the appropriate level of environmental review in accordance with the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and Guidelines;
2. Adoption of Findings of Fact for approval of the Height Variance as presented in the Council Report; and,
3. Approval of the Height Variance in accordance with the Conditions of Approval, as amended by the Planning Commission, and presented in the Council Report.
- City Council Committee Reports
The purpose of these reports is to provide information to the city council and public on projects and programs that are discussed at committee meetings. No decisions are to be made on these issues. If a council member would like formal action on any of these discussed items, it will be placed on a future city council agenda.
- Regional Wastewater Project Value Engineering Study – Request for Funding Pages 271-332
By RESOLUTION, authorize the Director of Public Works to execute the Memorandum of Understanding with Placer County and the City of Lincoln which will authorize the contribution of $28,000 to the City of Lincoln for the City of Auburn’s share of the Value Engineering Study.
- Placer Nevada Wastewater Authority – Funding Request for Executive Director Contract Pages 333-352
By MOTION authorize the Director of Public Works to authorize the cost sharing for the funding of the contract for the Executive Director of the Placer Nevada Wastewater Authority in an amount not to exceed $25,000.
- Auburn State Recreation Area Pages 353-356
By RESOLUTION support a long term solution for Auburn State Recreation Area.
- Amgen Tour of California Local Organizing Committee Pages 357-358
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Council after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection in the City Clerk’s Office, 1225 Lincoln Way, Room 8, Auburn, CA 95603 during normal business hours.|
Back to Top