AUBURN CITY COUNCIL
REGULAR SESSION AGENDA
- City Hall, Council Chambers
- 1225 Lincoln Way, Auburn, CA 95603
- April 23, 2012
- Closed Session 5:45 p.m
- Regular Session 6:00 p.m
Meeting facilities are accessible to persons with disabilities. Requests for Assistive Listening Devices or other considerations should be made through the City Clerk’s Office at (530) 823-4211, Ext. #112|
CALL TO ORDER
adjourn to a Closed Session under Government Code Section 54957.6:
(1.)Conference with Legal Counsel
The City Council finds, based on advice from legal counsel, that discussion in open session will prejudice the position of the local agency in the litigation.
(G.C. 54956.9(a) )
Joseph G. R. Labrie, Auburn City Clerk v. Board of Supervisors for the County of Placer, Jim McCauley, County Clerk-Record-Registrar of Voters (James Earp, Hank Gonzales and California Alliance for Jobs, Real Parties in Interest), Placer County Superior Court Case No. SCV-0030835
REPORT OUT OF CLOSED SESSION
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
MAYOR’S COMMENDATIONS/PROCLAMATIONS/ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS/ ANNOUNCEMENTS
Mosquito and West Nile Virus Awareness Week Proclamation
Placer Camera Club Commendation
This is the time set aside for council members and/or the public to ask for
removal, postponement or a change to the listed sequence of an agenda item.
All matters listed under the Consent Calendar are considered to be routine in nature and will be approved by one blanket motion with a roll call vote.
There will be no separate discussion of these items unless persons request specific items to be removed from the Consent Calendar for discussion and separate action. Any items removed will be considered after the motion to approve the Consent Calendar.
- Minutes Pages 9-10
By MOTION, approve City Council Minutes of 04/02/2012.
- Approval of Warrants Paid – March 2012 Pages 11-14
By RESOLUTION, ratify and approve payment of warrants 79433 through 79638 totaling $947,311.39.
- Quarterly Report of Investments – Quarter Ending December 31, 2011 Pages 15-26
Receive, review and file the “City of Auburn Quarterly Investment Report” for the quarter ending December 31, 2011.
- Sewer Collection System – Utility Crane Truck Purchase Pages 27-34
By RESOLUTION, authorize the Public Works Director to purchase a crane truck for the Sewer Collections Division.
- CalPERS Contract Amendment Resolution of Intention and Disclosure of Costs to Participate in the 1959 Survivor Death Benefit Program Pages 35-40
By RESOLUTION, adopt a Resolution of Intention to approve an amendment to the contract between the Board of Administration California Public Employees’ Retirement System and City of Auburn providing Section 21574 (Forth Level of 1959 Survivor Benefits) for local police members.
By RESOLUTION, consistent with Government Code Section 7507, disclose the future annual employer costs for the increase in benefits by providing Section 21574 for local police members to be $1,296.00.
- Assignment of Auburn Airport Land Lease from Chet Eccles III to Ash David Vidal Pages 41-48
By RESOLUTION, authorize the City Manager or his designee to approve the assignment and assumption of the land lease between the City of Auburn and Chet Eccles III to Ash David Vidal, and authorize the execution of all related documents.
- Airport Land Lease Assignment, Option, and Commercial Office Lease – Emery C. Oxley Jr. and Linda L. Oxley, Trustees Pages 49-88
1. Approve the assignment and assumption of the land lease between the City of Auburn and Emery C. Oxley Jr. and Linda L. Oxley to Emery C. Oxley and Linda L. Oxley, as trustees of the Oxley Family Trust, dated June 10, 2005;
2. Approve an option granted to Emery C. Oxley and Linda L. Oxley to lease certain defined property within the Auburn Airport with the intention of developing the option area within the next five to eight years; and
3. Approve a Commercial Office lease between the City of Auburn and Emery C. Oxley Jr. and Linda L. Oxley, as trustees of the Oxley Family Trust for a period of ten years unless explicitly terminated upon exercise of an approved option.
- Sisters of Mercy – Parcel Map Pages 89-96
By RESOLUTION, approve the application for recording of the Sisters of Mercy Parcel Map at the Placer County Recorder’s Office.
- Streetlight Retrofit Project – Agreement with PG&E Pages 97-108
Removed from the consent calendar, see PUBLIC HEARING
- Right of Way Certification Pages 109-112
By RESOLUTION, authorize the Director of Public Works to execute on behalf of the City, all right of way certifications for locally funded projects, and as required by the State of California Department of Transportation and the federal government pertaining to certifying that rights of ways have been acquired according to the regulations for federal funded transportation projects.
- Consideration of Approving and Adopting an Update of the Recognized Obligation Payment Schedule Pursuant to Health and Safety Code Section 34177 Pages 113-126
By RESOLUTION, approve and adopt an update to the Recognized Obligation Payment Schedule pursuant to Health and Safety Code section 34177.
*************** End of Consent Calendar *************
- Public Comment
This is the time provided so that persons may speak to the Council on any item not on this agenda. Please make your comments as brief as possible. The Council cannot act on items not included on this agenda; however, the items will be automatically referred to staff.
Streetlight Retrofit Project – Agreement with PG&E Pages 97-108
By RESOLUTION, hold a pubic hearing and authorize the Director of Public Works to enter into an agreement with PG&E to complete the Streetlight Retrofit Project.
- Black and White Event Update Pages 127-128
Informational Presentation by the Auburn Chamber of Commerce; no action required.
- City Council Committee Reports
The purpose of these reports is to provide information to the city council and public on projects and programs that are discussed at committee meetings. No decisions are to be made on these issues. If a council member would like formal action on any of these discussed items, it will be placed on a future city council agenda.
- Tile Engraving at Central Square to Recognize Michael Goodwin Pages129-132
Discussion item, provide direction to staff.
- Review of Old Town Business Association Draft Annual Report and New Fee Assessment Pages 133-140
1. Appoint the City Manager as the advisory board for both the Old Town and Downtown Business Improvement District.
2. Hear and consider the Draft Annual BID Report submitted by the Old Town Business District and provide direction.
3. Set the date for the Annual Business Improvement Districts Report Review and Resolution of Intention for Assessment for May 14, 2012; additionally, set a Public Hearing for June 11, 2012 to review the proposed fees for the Business Improvement Districts.
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Council after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection in the City Clerk’s Office, 1225 Lincoln Way, Room 8, Auburn, CA 95603 during normal business hours.|
Back to Top