AUBURN CITY COUNCIL
REGULAR SESSION AGENDA
- City Hall, Council Chambers
- 1225 Lincoln Way, Auburn, CA 95603
- April 25, 2011
- Closed Session 5:30 p.m.
- Regular Session 6:00 p.m
Meeting facilities are accessible to persons with disabilities. Requests for Assistive Listening Devices or other considerations should be made through the City Clerk’s Office at (530) 823-4211, Ext. #112|
CALL TO ORDER
adjourn to a Closed Session under Government Code Section 54957:6
(1.) CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATORS
Agency Designated Representatives: Robert Richardson, Patrick Clark
Employee Group: All Bargaining Units
REPORT OUT OF CLOSED SESSION
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
MAYOR’S COMMENDATIONS/PROCLAMATIONS/ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS/ ANNOUNCEMENTS
Youth Temperance Education Week
This is the time set aside for council members and/or the public to ask for
removal, postponement or a change to the listed sequence of an agenda item.
All matters listed under the Consent Calendar are considered to be routine in nature and will be approved by one blanket motion with a roll call vote.
There will be no separate discussion of these items unless persons request specific items to be removed from the Consent Calendar for discussion and separate action. Any items removed will be considered after the motion to approve the Consent Calendar.
- Surplus Equipment Pages 7-10
By RESOLUTION declare as surplus to the City’s needs the equipment listed on Exhibit A and direct staff to contract with an auctioneer to assist the City in disposal of equipment or properly dispose of items.
- Authorization to Submit an Application to Placer County Local Agency Formation Commission (LAFCO) to consider annexation of two properties totaling ±16.1 acres located at 880 & 890 Foresthill Avenue Pages 11-30
A. By RESOLUTION, adopt a Categorical Exemption prepared for the project as the appropriate level of environmental review in accordance with the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and Guidelines; and,
B. By RESOLUTION, authorize the submission of an application with the Placer County Local Agency Formation Commission (LAFCO) to consider annexation of ±16.1 acres located at 880 & 890 Foresthill Avenue.
*************** End of Consent Calendar *************
- Public Comment
This is the time provided so that persons may speak to the Council on any item not on this agenda. Please make your comments as brief as possible. The Council cannot act on items not included on this agenda; however, the items will be automatically referred to staff.
- City Council Committee Reports
The purpose of these reports is to provide information to the city council and public on projects and programs that are discussed at committee meetings. No decisions are to be made on these issues. If a council member would like formal action on any of these discussed items, it will be placed on a future city council agenda.
- CalPERS Contract Amendment Urgency Ordinance – Section 21362 (2% @ 50 Full Formula) for Local Safety Members Pages 31-42
Readopt ORDINANCE, 11-01 as an Urgency Ordinance, approving an amendment to the contract between the City of Auburn and CalPERS, providing Public Employees’ Retirement Law Section 20475 (Different Level of Benefits) for local safety members whereby Section 21362 (2% @ 50 Full Formula) is applicable to local safety members entering membership for the first time in the safety classification after the effective date of the amendment to the contract.
- California Citizens Redistricting Commission and Placer County Pages 43-46
(1) Mail the proposed letter from the Auburn City Council to the California Citizens Redistricting Commission requesting that Placer County be kept whole in the redistricting process; and
(2) Send an email with this attached report and sample letter to various agencies encouraging their governing board to send a letter to the Commission in support of keeping Placer County whole in the redistricting process.
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Council after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection in the City Clerk’s Office, 1225 Lincoln Way, Room 8, Auburn, CA 95603 during normal business hours.|
Back to Top