AUBURN CITY COUNCIL
REGULAR SESSION AGENDA
- City Hall, Council Chambers
- 1225 Lincoln Way, Auburn, CA 95603
- May 10,2010
- Closed Session 5:10 p.m.
- Regular Session 6:00 p.m.
Meeting facilities are accessible to persons with disabilities. Requests for Assistive Listening Devices or other considerations should be made through the City Clerk’s Office at (530) 823-4211, Ext. #112|
CALL TO ORDER
adjourn to a Closed Session under Government Code Section 54957:6
CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATORS
Agency Designated Representatives: Robert Richardson, David Mackowiak
Employee Group: All Bargaining Units
REPORT OUT OF CLOSED SESSION
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
MAYOR’S COMMENDATIONS/PROCLAMATIONS/ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS/ ANNOUNCEMENTS
Proclamation for Municipal Clerks Week
Proclamation for National Police Week
PRESENTATION TO THE CITY COUNCIL
Community 1st Bank’s presentation to the Council
This is the time set aside for council members and/or the public to ask for
removal, postponement or a change to the listed sequence of an agenda item.
All matters listed under the Consent Calendar are considered to be routine in nature and will be approved by one blanket motion with a roll call vote.
There will be no separate discussion of these items unless persons request specific items to be removed from the Consent Calendar for discussion and separate action. Any items removed will be considered after the motion to approve the Consent Calendar.
- Warrants Pages 7-10
By RESOLUTION ratify and approve payment of warrants #74694 through 74932 totaling $2,094,714.67.
- Minutes Pages 11-20
By MOTION approve City Council Minutes of 04/12/2010.
- Professional Services Contract – Part Time Airport Manager Pages 21-36
By RESOLUTION authorize the City Manager to execute a contract with Ivan J. Karnezis for part-time management services at the Auburn Municipal Airport for a three year period commencing June 1, 2010 in an amount not to exceed $150,000.
- Auburn Municipal Airport – Airfield Pavement Seal Coat and Taxiway Lighting Project Pages 37-40 authorize the Director of Public Works to advertise for the Auburn Municipal Airport- Airfield Pavement Seal Coat and Taxiway Lighting Project.
By RESOLUTION find the Auburn Municipal Airport – Airfield Pavement Seal Coat and Taxiway Lighting Project categorically exempt from the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) per Section 15301 (Existing Facilities); Section 15302 (Replacement or Reconstruction); Section 15303 (New Construction or Conversion of Small Structures).
- Falcon Point Life Station Upgrade Project - Award Pages 41-44
By RESOLUTION authorize the Director of Public Works to execute a construction contract with Gabe Mendez, Inc., for the Falcon Point Lift Station Upgrade Project in an amount not to exceed $450,989.00.
- Adoption of “Appropriations Limit” for Fiscal Year 2010-11 Pages 45-50
By RESOLUTION adopt the Fiscal Year 2010-11 “Appropriations Limit” for the City of Auburn in the amount of $11,816,065.
- CalPERS Contract Amendment Resolution of Intention and Disclosure of Costs to Participate in the 1959 Survivor Death Benefit Program Pages 51-60
By RESOLUTION adopt a Resolution of Intention to approve an amendment to the contract between the Board of Administration California Public Employees’ Retirement System and City of Auburn providing Section 21574 (Fourth Level of 1959 Survivor Benefits) for local fire members.
By RESOLUTION consistent with Government Code Section 7507, discloses the future annual employer costs for the increase in benefits by providing Section 21574 for local fire members to be $712.80
*************** End of Consent Calendar *************
- Public Comment
This is the time provided so that persons may speak to the Council on any item not on this agenda. Please make your comments as brief as possible. The Council cannot act on items not included on this agenda; however, the items will be automatically referred to staff.
- Appeal of the Planning Commission’s Denial of a Variance for the Fairgate Parking Lot located at 205 Fairgate Street Pages 61-136
The Planning Commission recommends:
A. By RESOLUTION, deny the appeal thereby affirming the Planning Commission’s denial of the Variance for the Fairgate Parking Lot (File # 09-2) as presented, which includes the following actions:
1. Adoption of Findings of Fact for denial of the Variance to disallow a temporary parking lot, not constructed to City Standards, as presented in the Council Report; and,
2. Deny the Variance as recommended by the Planning Commission and presented in the Council Report.
B. By RESOLUTION, uphold the appeal, based upon substantial evidence in the public record, thereby overturning the Planning Commission’s denial and approve the Variance for the Fairgate Parking Lot, which includes the following actions:
1. Adoption of a Categorical Exemption prepared for the project as the appropriate level of environmental review in accordance with the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and Guidelines; and,
2. Adoption of Findings of Fact for approval of the Variance to allow a temporary parking lot, not constructed to City Standards, as presented in the Council Report; and,
3. Approve the Variance overturning the Planning Commission’s denial as presented in the Council Report.
- Ordinance Amending the Auburn Municipal Code; Section 100.87 of Chapter 100 of Title IX; Fuel Modification Standards, Requirements Pages 137-152
Introduce for first reading by title only an ordinance to amend the Auburn Municipal Code Section 100.87 of Chapter 100 of Title IX; Fuel Modification Standards, Requirements: Reduction of Fire Hazard/ Defensible Space.
- City Council Committee Reports
The purpose of these reports is to provide information to the city council and public on projects and programs that are discussed at committee meetings. No decisions are to be made on these issues. If a council member would like formal action on any of these discussed items, it will be placed on a future city council agenda.
- Project Canyon Safe Pages 153-156
By MOTION, declare May 22, 2010 as “Defensible Space Day” in Auburn.
By MOTION,direct staff in the Auburn Fire Department, Police Department and Public Works Department to work with the Greater Auburn Area Fire Safe Council to assist in ensuring that the work project at Robie Point is carried out safely for volunteers and residents.
By MOTION,authorize bus shuttle service from 7am to 3pm on Saturday, May 22nd to transport volunteers from the parking area on Borland Avenue to the work site at the end of Robie Drive and back again.
- Volunteer Service Workers at Project Canyon Safe Pages 157-162
By RESOLUTION, cover volunteer service workers performing without pay on the May 22, 2010 Project Canyon Safe under Workers’ Compensation Law.
- SHAAC recommendations to the Council Pages 163-164
a. Approve the Zone Map
b. Approve the Recommendation for the Third Art Pedestal Theme.
c. Approve the Interpretative Sign(s)
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Council after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection in the City Clerk’s Office, 1225 Lincoln Way, Room 8, Auburn, CA 95603 during normal business hours.|
Back to Top