AUBURN CITY COUNCIL
REGULAR SESSION AGENDA
- City Hall, Council Chambers
- 1225 Lincoln Way, Auburn, CA 95603
- May 14, 2012
- Closed Session 5:30 p.m
- Regular Session 6:00 p.m
Meeting facilities are accessible to persons with disabilities. Requests for Assistive Listening Devices or other considerations should be made through the City Clerk’s Office at (530) 823-4211, Ext. #112|
CALL TO ORDER
adjourn to a Closed Session under Government Code Section 54957.6:
(1.)Conference with Labor Negotiators:
Agency Designated Representatives: Robert Richardson, Patrick Clark
Employee Group: All Bargaining Units
REPORT OUT OF CLOSED SESSION
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
MAYOR’S COMMENDATIONS/PROCLAMATIONS/ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS/ ANNOUNCEMENTS
Mosquito and West Nile Virus Awareness Week Proclamation
Placer Camera Club Commendation
This is the time set aside for council members and/or the public to ask for
removal, postponement or a change to the listed sequence of an agenda item.
All matters listed under the Consent Calendar are considered to be routine in nature and will be approved by one blanket motion with a roll call vote.
There will be no separate discussion of these items unless persons request specific items to be removed from the Consent Calendar for discussion and separate action. Any items removed will be considered after the motion to approve the Consent Calendar.
- Minutes Pages 5-10
By MOTION, approve City Council Minutes of 04/09/2012.
- Wastewater Treatment Plan Operations Contract Pages 11-18
By RESOLUTION, authorize the Director of Public Works to execute Amendment No. 4 to the contract with CH2M Hill OMI for operations, maintenance and management of the City’s Wastewater Treatment Plant.
- Cancellation of a City Council Meeting Pages 19-20
By MOTION, approve the cancellation of the regular City Council Meeting on May 28, 2012 and direct the City Clerk’s office to post notice of such.
- Adoption of “Appropriations Limit” for Fiscal Year 2012-13 Pages 21-26
By RESOLUTION, adopt the Fiscal Year 2012-13 “Appropriations Limit” for the City of Auburn in the amount of $12,867,175.
- Streetscape Phase 2 – Notice of Completion Pages 27-30
By RESOLUTION, authorize the recording of a Notice of Completion for the Auburn UDA Streetscape Phase 2 Project.
- Approval of Warrants Paid – April 2012 Pages 31-34
By RESOLUTION, ratify and approve payment of warrants 79639 through 79835 totaling $890,836.63.
- Appointment of a Historic Design Review Commissioner Pages 35-42
By RESOLUTION, appoint Cindy Combs to the Historic Design Review Commission.
- Appointment of an Arts Commissioner Pages 43-46
By RESOLUTION, appoint Timothy Grayson to the Arts Commission.
- Airport Operations Technician Position Recruitment Pages 47-50
By MOTION, authorize the recruitment of the Airport Operations Technician position.
*************** End of Consent Calendar *************
- Public Comment
This is the time provided so that persons may speak to the Council on any item not on this agenda. Please make your comments as brief as possible. The Council cannot act on items not included on this agenda; however, the items will be automatically referred to staff.
- 2011 Weed Abatement Program, Assess Tax Roll Pages 51-60
Hold a public hearing, and by RESOLUTION, approve the 2011 cost report of the weed abatement program and direct the City Clerk to file a certified copy of the report with the Placer County Auditor-Controller in order to collect cost assessments.
- Administrative Citations, Assess Tax Roll Pages 61-84
Hold a public hearing, and by RESOLUTION, approve the tax roll assessment for Administrative Citations and direct the City Clerk to file a certified copy of the report with the Placer County Auditor-Controller in order to collect assessments.
- City Council Committee Reports
The purpose of these reports is to provide information to the city council and public on projects and programs that are discussed at committee meetings. No decisions are to be made on these issues. If a council member would like formal action on any of these discussed items, it will be placed on a future city council agenda.
- Intention to Levy Annual Assessment Fees for Business Improvement Districts Pages 85-104
1. Appoint the City Manager as the advisory board for the Old Town Business Improvement District and for the Downtown Business Improvement District and direct him to produce the report required pursuant to Section 36533 of the 1989 Law for Fiscal Year 2012-13.
2. Approve the Annual Reports as filed by the advisory board for both the Old Town Business Improvement District and for the Downtown Business Improvement District.
3. Set a Public Hearing for June 11, 2012 to levy annual assessment fees for fiscal year 2012-13 within the Old Town Business Improvement District and the Downtown Business Improvement District.
- City Committee/Commission Work Plan & Budget Requests Pages 105-114
Council will hear the work plan and budgetary requests of each of the City’s Committees and Commissions and by MOTION provide budgetary direction to staff.
- Leadership Auburn 2012 Wayfinding Signage Master Plan Pages 115-118
Presentation by Leadership Auburn; by MOTION, direct staff to return with a phased implementation plan for consideration.
- Establishment of Streetscape History and Art Advisory Committee (SHAAC) Committee Pages 119-122
By RESOLUTION, establish the SHAAC, consisting of five members at large and one Councilmember to function as Chair, for the purpose of reviewing requests and providing recommendations for tile inscriptions at Central Square.
- Fiscal Year 2012/13 Sewer Service Charges Pages 123-124
By MOTION, implement the scheduled sewer service charges as adopted on June 25, 2007.
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Council after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection in the City Clerk’s Office, 1225 Lincoln Way, Room 8, Auburn, CA 95603 during normal business hours.|
Back to Top