AUBURN CITY COUNCIL
REGULAR SESSION AGENDA
- City Hall, Council Chambers
- 1225 Lincoln Way, Auburn, CA 95603
- June 27, 2011
- Regular Session 5:10 p.m
- Regular Session 6:00 p.m
Meeting facilities are accessible to persons with disabilities. Requests for Assistive Listening Devices or other considerations should be made through the City Clerk’s Office at (530) 823-4211, Ext. #112|
CALL TO ORDER
adjourn to a Closed Session under Government Code Section 54957:6
(1.) CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATORS
Agency Designated Representatives: Robert Richardson, Patrick Clark
Employee Group: All Bargaining Units
REPORT OUT OF CLOSED SESSION
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
MAYOR’S COMMENDATIONS/PROCLAMATIONS/ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS/ ANNOUNCEMENTS
Commendation Valerie Harris
Proclamation Think Auburn First Week
This is the time set aside for council members and/or the public to ask for
removal, postponement or a change to the listed sequence of an agenda item.
All matters listed under the Consent Calendar are considered to be routine in nature and will be approved by one blanket motion with a roll call vote.
There will be no separate discussion of these items unless persons request specific items to be removed from the Consent Calendar for discussion and separate action. Any items removed will be considered after the motion to approve the Consent Calendar.
- Appointment of Arts Commissioner Pages 9-12
By RESOLUTION, make the recommended appointment to the Auburn Arts Commission.
- Approval of Warrants Paid – May 2011 Pages 13-16
By RESOLUTION, ratify and approve payment warrants 77359 through 77597 totaling $1,900,761.76.
- CalPERS Contract Amendment Resolution of Intention and Disclosure of Costs for Fire Safety Members to Participate in the 75% Industrial Disability Benefit Program Pages 17-22
A. By RESOLUTION, adopts a Resolution of Intention to approve an amendment to the contract between the Board of Administration California Public Employees’ Retirement System and City of Auburn providing Section 21428 (Increase Industrial Disability Allowance to 75% of Final Compensation) for local fire members.
B. By RESOLUTION, consistent with Government Code Section 7507, discloses the future annual employer costs for the increase in benefits by providing Section 21428 for local fire members to be 5.093% of local fire member pensionable income for firefighters hired prior to May 1, 2011, and 3.899% of local fire member pensionable income for firefighters hired on and after May 1, 2011.
- Quarterly Report of Investments – Quarter Ending March 31, 2011 Pages 23-34
Receive, review and file the “City of Auburn Quarterly Investment Report” for the quarter ending March 31, 2011.
- Auburn Employee’s Association Memorandum of Understanding Pages 35-38
By RESOLUTION, adopt the Memorandum of Understanding between the Auburn Employees Association and the City of Auburn for the period July 1, 2011 through June 30, 2012 and authorize the City Manager to sign on behalf of the City.
- Employment Agreement for Interim Chief of Police Pages 39-46
By RESOLUTION, authorize the City Manager to execute the attached Employment Agreement for Interim Chief of Police services.
- Groundwater Monitoring Well Destruction at the Auburn Municipal Airport Pages 47-56
By RESOLUTION, authorize the Director of Public Works to execute Amendment No. 2 to the consultant contract with JJW Geosciences, Inc. for destruction of the groundwater monitoring wells at the Auburn Municipal Airport for an amount not to exceed $12,986.
- Second Reading of an Ordinance to Extend the Expiration Date of Discretionary Entitlements Consistent with the Subdivision Map Act (Government Code Sections 66452.21 & 66452.22) – (Admin File 301.3(u)) Pages 57-64
Hold a Second Reading, by Title Only, of an Ordinance Amending Various Sections of the Auburn Municipal Code to Extend the Expiration Date of Discretionary Entitlements Consistent with the Subdivision Map Act (Attachment 1).
*************** End of Consent Calendar *************
- Public Comment
This is the time provided so that persons may speak to the Council on any item not on this agenda. Please make your comments as brief as possible. The Council cannot act on items not included on this agenda; however, the items will be automatically referred to staff.
- City Council Committee Reports
The purpose of these reports is to provide information to the city council and public on projects and programs that are discussed at committee meetings. No decisions are to be made on these issues. If a council member would like formal action on any of these discussed items, it will be placed on a future city council agenda.
- 2011/2012 Sewer Assessment to be placed on the Placer County Tax Roll Pages 65-70
A. Conduct a public hearing to authorize the 2011/12 fiscal year sewer service charges placement on the County of Placer Tax Roll.
B. By RESOLUTION, authorize the levy of sewer service charges for Fiscal Year 2011/12 to be placed on the County of Placer Tax Roll.
- Public Hearing to Levy Annual Assessment Fee for Business Improvement Districts Pages 71-74
A. Conduct a public hearing and receive public testimony regarding the 2011-12 Assessment Fee for the Business Improvement Districts.
B. By RESOLUTION, adopt the 2011-12 Levying of Assessments in connection with the Old Town Auburn Business Improvement District and the Downtown Auburn Business Improvement District.
- Defensible Space Day in Auburn Pages 75-76
By MOTION declare July 9, 2011 as “Defensible Space Day in Auburn.”
- Pay for Performance Employment Agreement – John Ruffcorn Pages 77-86
By RESOLUTION adopt the attached employment agreement appointing John Ruffcorn as Police Chief effective June 30, 2011.
- Operating, Debt Service and Capital Projects Budget for Fiscal Year 2011-12 Pages 87-120
A. By RESOLUTION, adopt revenue estimates and expenditure appropriations for all City Funds for Fiscal Year 2011-12 as summarized in the fund schedules presented with the Fiscal Year 2011-12 Proposed Budget.
B. By RESOLUTION establish a General Fund “cash reserve” in the amount of $2,689,851 as summarized in the General Fund schedule presented with the Fiscal Year 2011-12 Proposed Budget.
- Review of City Operations – Fire Department Pages 121-134
Discussion item, no action required.
- Update of Solicitation Ordinance # 116 and Approval of "Aggressive Solicitation" Ordinance #121 Pages 135-170
Approve the recommended update to the existing Solicitation ordinance # 116 and adopt the new "Aggressive Solicitation" ordinance as requested by the police department.
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Council after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection in the City Clerk’s Office, 1225 Lincoln Way, Room 8, Auburn, CA 95603 during normal business hours.|
Back to Top