AUBURN CITY COUNCIL
REGULAR SESSION AGENDA
- City Hall, Council Chambers
- 1225 Lincoln Way, Auburn, CA 95603
- October 11,2010
- Closed Session 5:45 p.m
- Regular Session 6:00 p.m
Meeting facilities are accessible to persons with disabilities. Requests for Assistive Listening Devices or other considerations should be made through the City Clerk’s Office at (530) 823-4211, Ext. #112|
CALL TO ORDER
adjourn to a Closed Session under Government Code Section
CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
The City Council/Agency finds, based on advice from legal counsel, that discussion in open session will prejudice the position of the local agency in the litigation.
Name of Case: Auburn Police Officers Association v. City of Auburn,
Placer County Superior Court Case No. No. SCV 26856
REPORT OUT OF CLOSED SESSION
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
MAYOR’S COMMENDATIONS/PROCLAMATIONS/ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS/ ANNOUNCEMENTS
This is the time set aside for council members and/or the public to ask for
removal, postponement or a change to the listed sequence of an agenda item.
All matters listed under the Consent Calendar are considered to be routine in nature and will be approved by one blanket motion with a roll call vote.
There will be no separate discussion of these items unless persons request specific items to be removed from the Consent Calendar for discussion and separate action. Any items removed will be considered after the motion to approve the Consent Calendar.
- Warrants Pages 5-8
By RESOLUTION approve Warrants # 75568 through #75762 totaling $759,931.84.
- Minutes Pages 9-14
By MOTION approve City Council Minutes of 9/27/2010.
- Green Communities Program by the Sierra Business Council Pages 15-30
By RESOLUTION, authorize the Community Development Director to sign the Green Communities Participation Agreement on behalf of the City of Auburn.
*************** End of Consent Calendar *************
- Public Comment
This is the time provided so that persons may speak to the Council on any item not on this agenda. Please make your comments as brief as possible. The Council cannot act on items not included on this agenda; however, the items will be automatically referred to staff.
- Weed Abatement Public Protest Hearing Pages 31-40
Conduct a Public Hearing for the purpose of declaring public nuisance of those properties that have not complied with the Auburn Municipal Code, City Ordinance, Title IX, Chapter 95.03, “Notices to Remove: Default: Removal by City”. And, by ABATEMENT ORDER, authorize the Fire Chief and Code Enforcement to abate those properties that have been posted and notified as a public nuisance and have not complied with “Notices to Remove”.
- City Council Committee Reports
The purpose of these reports is to provide information to the city council and public on projects and programs that are discussed at committee meetings. No decisions are to be made on these issues. If a council member would like formal action on any of these discussed items, it will be placed on a future city council agenda.
- Designation of the Field at the Auburn Municipal Airport Pages 41-42
By MOTION, approve the naming of the field at the Auburn Municipal Airport as “Anderson Field”.
- Acceptance of “2011 Amgen Tour of California” City Participation Agreement Pages 43-108
By MOTION, approve the City Participation Agreement between the City of Auburn and AEG Cycling, for the Amgen Tour of California Host City Stage 3 start on May 17, 2011.
- Reconsideration of an Encroachment Permit for Tsuda’s Eatery, LLC, for Outdoor Seating in Hershel Young Park in accordance with the Outdoor Seating Guidelines Pages 109-146
By RESOLUTION, approve the issuance of an Encroachment Permit as conditioned, or as modified by the City Council, which includes the following actions:
1. Adoption of a Statutory Exemption, prepared for the Encroachment Permit as the appropriate level of environmental review in accordance with the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and Guidelines; and,
2. Approval of an Encroachment Permit for Tsuda’s Eatery, LLC, for Outdoor Seating in Hershel Young Park in accordance with the Encroachment Permit Conditions of Approval
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Council after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection in the City Clerk’s Office, 1225 Lincoln Way, Room 8, Auburn, CA 95603 during normal business hours.|
Back to Top