AUBURN CITY COUNCIL
REGULAR SESSION AGENDA
- City Hall, Council Chambers
- 1225 Lincoln Way, Auburn, CA 95603
- November 8,2010
- Regular Session 6:00 p.m
Meeting facilities are accessible to persons with disabilities. Requests for Assistive Listening Devices or other considerations should be made through the City Clerk’s Office at (530) 823-4211, Ext. #112|
CALL TO ORDER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
MAYOR’S COMMENDATIONS/PROCLAMATIONS/ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS/ ANNOUNCEMENTS
This is the time set aside for council members and/or the public to ask for
removal, postponement or a change to the listed sequence of an agenda item.
All matters listed under the Consent Calendar are considered to be routine in nature and will be approved by one blanket motion with a roll call vote.
There will be no separate discussion of these items unless persons request specific items to be removed from the Consent Calendar for discussion and separate action. Any items removed will be considered after the motion to approve the Consent Calendar.
- Agreement with Placer County to Pass FTA Funds to the City of Auburn Pages 5-48
By RESOLUTION authorize the Mayor and the Director of Public Works to execute on behalf of the City of Auburn the Agreement Regarding Pass Through of Federal Transit Administration (FTA) Funding from Placer County to the City of Auburn.
- Citizens Bank of Northern California Land Purchase – Elm Avenue at McKenzie Court Pages 49-68
A. By RESOLUTION, abandon right-of-way along Elm Avenue at McKenzie Court.
B. By RESOLUTION, designate City right-of-way along Elm Avenue at McKenzie Court into “Category 2 Developable City Properties” and determine that it would be in the best interest of the City and foster appropriate private development to sell the parcel without providing a noticed opportunity to bid on the property.
C. By RESOLUTION, authorize the City Manager, after notice to agencies per Government Code Section 54220 et seq of the opportunity to purchase the land, to finalize the sale of the right-of-way to Citizens Bank of Northern California per the appraised price, and prepare all necessary documents which includes the merging into one parcel of the City right-of-way and the Elm Plaza project. All costs required to complete this transaction will be the responsibility of the applicant. If an agency requests to purchase the land, the City Manager is authorized to lease the property to Citizens Bank of Northern California.
*************** End of Consent Calendar *************
- Public Comment
This is the time provided so that persons may speak to the Council on any item not on this agenda. Please make your comments as brief as possible. The Council cannot act on items not included on this agenda; however, the items will be automatically referred to staff.
- Adopting the California Building Standards Codes Pages 69-96
Hold a Public Hearing and introduce for a first reading by title only, an ordinance to adopt: the 2010 edition of the California Building Standards Codes and making necessary amendments thereto and by adopting the 1997 edition Uniform Code for the Abatement of Dangerous Buildings, the 2009 International Existing Building Code, and the 2009 International Property Maintenance Code.
- Fire Department Fee Schedules Pages 97-106
Hold a public hearing and by RESOLUTION, approve the Fire Department Fee Schedules; FIRE PREVENTION RELATED SERVICES and FIRE DEPARTMENT SERVICE FEE SCHEDULE.
- A Public Hearing to Consider an Appeal of the Planning Commission’s Approval of a Height Variance Extension for a 78 foot Monopine Cellular Tower located at 169 Borland Avenue in the Industrial (M-2) Zone (Attachments 1 – 6) – File # VA 09-4 Pages 107-254
By RESOLUTION, (Exhibit A) deny the appeal thereby affirming the Planning Commission’s approval of the Borland Avenue Monopine Variance (File # 09-4) as presented, or as modified by the City Council, which includes the following actions:
1. Adoption of a Negative Declaration, prepared for the Height Variance (VA 09-4) as the appropriate level of environmental review in accordance with the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and Guidelines;
2. Adoption of Findings of Fact for approval of the Height Variance as presented in the Council Report; and,
3. Approval of the Height Variance in accordance with the Conditions of Approval, as amended by the Planning Commission, and presented in the Council Report.
- Informational Report; Panhandling Progress Report Pages 255-256
Informational report from Chief of Police, Valerie Harris.
- City Council Committee Reports
The purpose of these reports is to provide information to the city council and public on projects and programs that are discussed at committee meetings. No decisions are to be made on these issues. If a council member would like formal action on any of these discussed items, it will be placed on a future city council agenda.
- Technology Commission Pages 257-260
By RESOLUTION, approve the new direction and operating procedures for the Technology Commission.
- Appointments to Various Commissions/ Committees Pages 261-285
By MOTION approve the appointments as listed in “Exhibit A” to the Economic Development Commission, Endurance Capital Committee, Arts Commission and City Historian Position(s).
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Council after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection in the City Clerk’s Office, 1225 Lincoln Way, Room 8, Auburn, CA 95603 during normal business hours.|
Back to Top