The goal of the Economic Development Commission (EDC) is to enhance the City of Auburn's business environment and economic base while preserving and enhancing the social, natural, and financial resources of our community. Responsibilities of the commission are to:
- Design and promote an economic development plan based on the needs and views of the businesses and residential community.
- Facilitate the creation of jobs in the city in both existing and new businesses. Champion assistance to new and existing businesses.
- Promote the city as a destination point with emphasis on lodging, food, recreation, entertainment, and the arts.
- Encourage doing business locally.
- Advise the City Council, City Manager, and Community Development Director on economic development matters.
- Enable more attention to be given to economic issues and opportunities.
- Provide a greater opportunity for citizen participation in the affairs of city government.
- For additional information, refer to the Economic Development Commission Request for Funding Application.
The EDC meets as needed. The meetings are held in the Auburn City Hall, Room 10, 1225 Lincoln Way. If you have any questions, please contact Robert Richardson at (530) 823-4211, ext. 192, or email@example.com
R. Monti Reynolds