The Code Enforcement Officer works with the Police Department, Fire Department, Building Department and Community Development Department to investigate reported violations of laws relating to nuisances and zoning, which typically includes illegal home occupations, illegal second units, dangerous structures, fence violations, illegal signs, graffiti, debris, as well as inoperable and illegal vehicles.
The code enforcement process is typically initiated in several ways: 1) observation by city staff; 2) as a consequence of an action (i.e., an application for a building permit or a request for a zoning variance); or 3) in response to a complaint by an individual.
The city relies on residents to help identify possible code violations, particularly in the following areas:
- Illegal signs
- Nuisance Abatement
- Graffiti on private property
- Illegal dumping of garbage and debris
- Abandoned and/or inoperable vehicles on private property
- Large commercial vehicles parked in residential neighborhoods
- Objectionable accumulation of discarded items on private property
Livestock and Fowl Application and Information
- Jennifer Solomon, Code Enforcement Officer
- (530) 823-4211, ext. 209