The Building Division provides:
- Building permit processing
- Plan checking
- Building inspections
- Building code compliance
City of Auburn Outdoor Business Application
1. Determine if the proposed outdoor business area is in the Public Way (City street, City sidewalk, City owned parking lot, or other City owned property) or if the outdoor area is on privately owned property.
2. If the outdoor area is in the Public Way, please fill out the “Outdoor Business Program Packet (Public Right of Way) 2021” and provide the referenced documents. An Encroachment Permit Application is required. See the document “Covid Structure Anchorage” for anchoring requirements.
3. If the outdoor area is in the Private Property, please fill out the “Outdoor Business Program Packet (private) 2021” and provide the referenced documents. See the document “Covid Structure Anchorage” for anchoring requirements.
4. The application and documents will be reviewed by City Staff. Please note: an application under the outdoor business guidelines is not automatically approved and City staff will contact the applicant if further documentation is required. Approvals will be returned in writing.
- Accessibility Retrofit Worksheet
- Alternate Brace Wall Panels at Opening
- Building Permit Application
- Complaint Form
- Construction Waste Management Plan
- Film Permit
- New Construction Application Form
- Owner Builder Form
- Plan Revision Form
- Residential Accessory Structure Information
- Residential Building Permit Information
- Residential Re-Roof Checklist
- Residential Smoke Detector and Carbon Monoxide Alarms
- Residential Stairs-Handrails
- Residential Winder Stairs
- Single Family Construction Details
- Solar Permit Guidelines
- Special Inspection Agreement
- Typical Residential Deck Detail