Mobile Food Trucks

Taking your flavors on the road? Learn how, when and where you operate as a Mobile Food Vendor.

Mobile food vendors are allowed to operate subject to the provisions found here.
1. Due to narrow streets and limited parking, mobile food vendors are not allowed to operate in certain areas. For a map of prohibited areas click here.

Health Department Approval:

1. All restaurants, bars, and retail food markets must obtain a permit to operate from Placer County Environmental Health.

California Housing and Community Development (HCD)

1. Food trucks or trailers must be certified by California Housing and Community Development (HCD). HCD can be contacted at 916-445-3338

Business License:

1. All businesses operating within City Limits will require a business license.
2. Contact the Finance Department for more information.