Sustainability Advisory Committee
About the Committee
The Committee shall review and make recommendations to the City Council on the following matters:
- The availability of funding for the City to pursue goals and programs related to sustainability and the environment.
- Creation, implementation, and maintenance of a Local Climate Action Plan for the City.
- Any other matters related to sustainability and the environment, as directed by the City Council.
The Committee shall be composed as follows:
- The Committee shall be composed of seven members appointed by the City Council: Two (2) City Council Members and five (5) at-large members from the community. At-large members shall be residents of the City of Auburn.
- The term of office for Committee Members shall be four years.
- Committee Members will not be limited to the number of terms they may serve.
- The Committee shall select a Chair, which must rotate annually among Committee Members.
- Any Committee Member may be removed with or without cause by a majority vote of the City Council.
The Committee shall comply with the following rules regarding the conduct of its meetings:
- The Committee shall comply with all requirements of the Ralph M. Brown Act, Government Code section 54950 et seq.
- All meetings shall be conducted in accordance with Robert’s Rules of Order.
- The Committee shall take and maintain meeting minutes, including a complete record of all transactions, findings, and determinations and present a full statement to the City Council on request. A signed copy of meeting minutes shall be filed with the City Clerk.
The time and dates of meetings will be determined by the committee once appointed. Most of Auburn’s committees meeting in the evening hours, during the week.
You can find an application here