Sustainability Advisory Committee
About the Committee
The City Council of the City of Auburn has determined the need to establish a Sustainability Advisory Committee to advise the City Council on issues related to sustainability and the environment.
The Committee shall review and make recommendations to the City Council on the following matters:
(A) Create and submit to the City Council an inventory of actions taken by the City of Auburn since 2012 in an effort to promote and achieve sustainability, including the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions;
(B) Create and submit to the City Council an inventory of action taken, including the adoption of sustainability plans, by other jurisdictions in and around Placer County, including Placer County.
(C) Including the data from (A) and (B), make recommendations to the City Council as to how sustainability can be improved within the City;
(D) Identify and recommend available external funding sources for such sustainability improvements.
(E) Prepare and submit to the City Manager by May 1 of each year, a proposed annual workplan if the Committee seeks City funding to perform its duties as described herein.
(F) Conduct other matters related to sustainability and the environment, as directed by the City Council.
The Committee shall be composed as follows:
(A) The Committee shall be composed of seven members appointed by the City Council:
(1) One (1) City Council Member;
(2) One (1) member representing an environmental protection organization within the Auburn community;
(3) One (1) member representing transportation/pollution control programs within the Auburn community;
(4) One (1) member representing agriculture, or light manufacturing/industrial use within the Auburn community;
(5) One (1) member representing the Auburn business or development community; and
(6) Two (2) at-large members from the community who shall reside within the Auburn City limits.
(B) The term of office for Committee Members shall be four years.
(C) Committee Members will not be limited to the number of terms they may serve.
(D) The Committee shall select a Chair, which must rotate annually among Committee Members.
(E) Any Committee Member may be removed with or without cause by a majority vote of the City Council.
The time and dates of meetings will be determined by the committee once appointed. Most of Auburn’s committees meeting in the evening hours, during the week.
You can find an application here